Use our pull-down menus to find more stories

At Last, Honour for Musiliu

Email This Page

Print This Page

P.M. News (Lagos)

May 7, 2004
Posted to the web May 7, 2004

Ayodele Lawal
Lagos

Contrary to the rumour making the round that no artiste won the 7th City People Artiste of the Year award, despite the fact that three nominees were named for the category, Entertainment Cafe can reveal that the current Apala music rave, Musiliu Haruna Ishola, is the winner of the award.

Speaking with Entertainment Cafe, Publisher of City People, Mr. Seye Kehinde, confirmed that the panel of judges named the singing son of the late Haruna Ishola as winner of the coveted award.

Seye informed that the winner was not named during the awards ceremony held at the Banquet Hall of Excellence Hotel, Ogba, Ikeja for security reasons.

He explained that Musiliu was not presented with the award because he was not at the event.

"We have had events in the past during which awards received on behalf of winners were not delivered on time or the recipient could not be traced," he explained.

Meanwhile, Musiliu will storm Abidap Hotels, Mosan, Iyana Ipaja for a show tagged "Soyoyo Nite".

Relevant Links

The show, according to Chief Tony Adenubi, the Chairman of Abidap Hotels, is to bring Haruna Ishola's son closer to his fans in Iyana Ipaja and its environs.

He had earlier honoured City People with a show last night.

Make allAfrica.com your home page

Top | Site Français | Site Guide | Who We Are | Advertising | Search | Subscribe

Copyright © 2004 P.M. News. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). Click here to contact the copyright holder directly for corrections -- or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material.

Questions or Comments? Contact us. Read our Privacy Statement.

allAfrica.com
Relevant Links

Catholic Church Denies Existence of 'Christian Militia'
Pension Reforms: NLC Threatens Mass Action
2004 Budget: FG Projects N181bn Deficit
Plateau Crisis: 630 Killed in Yelwa, Says Red Cross
Nigeria Gets N690m USAID Grant

Topics

Africa 2004

Search:

Beyond the Miracle: Inside the New South Africa

Beyond the Miracle: Inside the New South Africa Inside The New South Africa

by Allister Sparks

$22.75

Click here now to check for a reduced price!

God Has a Dream:

God Has a Dream: A Vision of Hope for Our Time

by Desmond Tutu

$16.95

Click here now to check for a reduced price!

Radical Equations:

Radical Equations: Math Literacy and Civil Rights

by Robert P. Moses, Charles E. Cobb Jr

$21.00

Click here now to check for a reduced price!

Click here to buy this comprehensive guide.

Click here to buy this comprehensive guide.

A Continent for the Taking :

A Continent for the Taking : The Tragedy and Hope of Africa

by Howard W. French

$25.00